Calling all TSF Operators
We want to hear from you at our upcoming forum. We highlight that this is not an engineering conference where you need to submit papers, rather an opportunity for you to share experiences via a short PowerPoint presentation (technical and/or non-technical) that have benefited or challenged your tailings dam operation.
Put forward an expression of interest to speak on an aspect of operation that is relevant and topical to you and other operators. Take the opportunity to share and collaborate with your peers in the relaxed format of the forum. Presentations only need to be 10-15 mins.
Your presentation could be based on any of the following themes, or an alternate relevant topic. Preference for this forum will be for presentations from operational (site-based) engineers, managers, superintendents, etc.
- Global Tailings Standard – Operational Considerations
- What went wrong?
- Technology/Innovations that help operations. There will be a presentation on mud-farming given this will be observed at QAL during the site visit.
- Deposition and beaching.
- Operational Manuals/Emergency response Planning.
- Monitoring and TARPs (Inspections, instruments/telemetry, satellite, drones).
- How does construction impact your site (handover/commissioning).
- Water Management.
- Operating towards closure.
Please submit your expression of interest to present to firstname.lastname@example.org